Tuesday, September 20, 2005

ouchie

OK, so 218+ miles in a week can leave some muscular debris behind! Despite a day of rest, my 37 miles today were most certainly not a breeze. It was otherwise a nice ride, though; I mostly took it easy.

Annoyingly, my brain was working on a work problem: how to parse a multi-digit part description, determine which of the parsed bits were duplicates, and assign numbers to each of the bits so that duplicate bits have the same number. All in the Pro/PROGRAM "language" which is pathetically limited.

On the plus side, I'm over $1500 collected for my fundraising! That's a long shot from $3400, but given that that's barely two weeks of really working on it, I'm quite encouraged. My (illegal) delivery of letters around my neighborhood wasn't as productive as I'd hoped (only three contributions came back from some 70 letters distributed), but my co-workers have generously laid down the green for me. Now is probably about the right time to start getting returns back from the 60 or so that I mailed out, too - three came in today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home