Sunday, September 18, 2005

Oooga chaka

45.7 from Ada Park, with a few decent hills, so that's 218 and change for the week. I'll do 3 or 4 more rides on Ruby, and then she's off to Asheville with all her bike friends on the 28th. Since I'll want to still do a few easy rides between then and the Asheville ride, I've got my mountain bike set up with slick tires for road use. I'll probably tow Dane around a bit, for some 10-15 mile rides.

I think this is roughly what we did today.

I have never, bar none, felt as good as I did this past week! Even today, after a long, fairly hilly, fairly fast ride yesteray, I was happy to charge up hills. I hope I can hold on to that for three more weeks (and I doubly hope I can avoid the inevitable kid-just-started-pre-school cold that Kirsten is snorking her way though). Asheville is one of those life things that's hard to see past; everything is leading up to that, plans are being made, itinerarys are set (assuming Delta's bankruptcy doesn't have too many adverse effects), and my brain is fixated on it. Too bad it also pretty much represents the end of riding season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home