Sunday, September 04, 2005

Stoopid bees!

36.4, with the first 16 including a backpack full of spare clothes to drop off at my folks' place in Twin Lake.

Within a few miles of the end of my ride, a bee bounced off my leg and evidently went stinger-first into my belly. It didn't get me badly enough to leave the stinger behind, but it's nice and red still.

I also managed an hour or so of sailing my dumpy little boat on Twin Lake. Once all the jet skis and skit boats and whatnot have gone in for the evening, the lake is wonderful to just glide around. It's clear enough to see a good 10 feet down, and with no waves to contend with, it only takes the tiniest breath to keep the boat moving. When the breath becomes a blow, the boat moves smoothly, and responds instantly to the slightest twitch of the tiller. Man that's nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home