Friday, September 16, 2005

Nice out there!

40.3 miles - up to and past Stony Lake on back roads, then East on Stone Road, and eventually back to the bike path just North of New Era for a fast cruise back home. It's nice up there - good roads, lots of apple orchards (many being harvasted right now), and sweet autumny smells.

I pretty much forgot, but even before getting involved with the JDRF ride earlier this year, I'd set a goal of riding two thousand miles this year. My odometer now reads 2137 miles! My other goals were to ride a full century, which will take care of itself in Asheville, and to get my weight down to say 210. That's over 20 pounds away, so that ain't gonna happen (especially given my discovery of the awesome cinnamon rolls at the bakery in Silver Lake - good thing it's a 50 mile ride minimum to get one of those!). Ah well, that's a whole lot better than the 280 I was pushing a couple of years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home