Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Posties lay the smack down

31 miles, around one of my regular loops south of Whitehall. Man, Scenic Drive is a disgrace to Muskegon county - a road right along Lake Michigan shouldn't be a mishmash of patches, holes, and uneven, crumbling pavement.

My neighborhood campaign of dropping pledge material in mailboxes resulted in a nastygram from the local post office pointing out that mailboxes are federal property (even the cow-shaped one you bought off Ebay), and it's a federal crime to put stuff in them unless it's stamped, and have a nice day. Well, my wife said that was the case, but I didn't find anything on the USPS web site regarding that, so being the anarchist I am I went and did it anyway. Fight the Power! Question Authority! Don't let The Man get you down! On the plus side, they did return 10 of the envelopes I'd left in mailboxes, so I could re-use the self-addressed stamped envelopes in them for (legally) mailed pledge forms. Must be the gift card we left our mail carrier last Christmas.

I did get a $20 pledge back from one of the neighborhood letters, on the first day after dropping them off, so that's cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home