Sunday, August 28, 2005

A nice long group ride

55.5 miles with the JDRF group - a record-distance ride for at least four of those present! Until today, our longest group ride had been a rather tepid 41 miles, but today we had hills, headwinds, and mileage that really displayed how much folks have progressed in the last few months of riding. And I think we've just about got Tom convinced to go shopping for a new road bike - his wife Mary broke out an old but capable Schwinn roadie and was promptly comfortable at a couple miles an hour faster than she had been before. Yee hah! Go for it, Tom! Give in to Bike Lust! It's clearance season at VeloCity...

The Junk-o-Matic little digital camera came along for the ride; in general the results were a bit better than last time, but still mediocre (my wife the pro is ready to throw it at a wall, but her patience for mechanical things is highly limited). I've got them on my work machine. This is not that machine. I'll get 'em up as soon as I can.

did

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home