Wednesday, August 17, 2005

"I'm four years old and I have diabetes!"

33 miles with hills, 17.2 average.

Heading north, I caught up to a guy who turned out to have basically the same job as me, except at our competitor Knoll. He rides home almost every day, having been dropped off for work by his wife. He must ride 35+ miles every time he does that. I'm fairly jealous!

A more important meeting was with Alyssa, my "ride kid." The title of the post is exactly how she replied when I asked her how old she is - no hiding it for her! She's been on an insulin pump since last December, having done regular shots before that. I can't imagine having to give a 3 year old shots; it's bad enough having to get Dane though his immunization shots. Keeping a pump attached to a four year old must be a heck of a challenge, though. She seems fairly like Dane; she was chatty and confident the whole time I was there, despite my scary bike clothes and less than delightful aroma (when I got home Dane exclaimed "I smell buttness!").

Of course, dumb me forgot that I had my camera stuck in my back pocket. Another time, I guess!

did

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home