Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Yeah, hot.

27 miles, some hills, 90 to 95 degrees according to my 'puter, which I think reads a few degrees high. Yech, nevertheless, but otherwise I felt quite good

I missed Stonehenge! Phooey! Somehow I was looking down, and I missed the almost-full-size Stonehenge replica that sits on a farm east of Spring Lake. I guess an orthopedic surgeon got a hankerin' to have some monoliths in his yard; the blocks are actually stuccoed foam. Scroll down for a picture and more info here.

And watch out, Mr. 7-time-Tour de France winner; your record is officially in jeopardy. Dane got his first "real" bike from his grandparents - yeah, it's a $50 Meijer/Huffy thing, but he's already whipping up and down my parents' road (fully helmeted, of course!). He even had his first crash, with two skinned knees to show for it - it didn't slow him down a bit, not a tear in sight, he was right back on and riding. He's also learning to use a hand brake, as recommended by bike guru Sheldon Brown.

15 years ago today was Kirsten's and my first date. Egads!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home